BIOMATERIALS AND BIOMEDICINE
- Obtaining bioceramics (hydroxyapatite (HA), Fluor-HA and calcium phosphates) from by-products of marine origin with applications as bone filler in various biomedical fields.
- 3D porous scaffolds fabrication by combining bioceramics and biopolymers for tissue engineering applications.
- Production of bio-inspired ceramics (bioSiC and bioC) from natural resources with application in implants, tissue engineering and drug release.
- Design and production of biocompatible coatings with bioactive properties and semiconductor coatings for applications in biomedical devices.
- Study of pathologies in mineralized tissues (such as bone and dental tissues) and non-mineralized tissues (such as oral mucosa and skin), for the prevention and treatment of clinical pathologies such as osteoporosis, demineralization of tooth enamel and carcinogenesis.
SEMICONDUCTORS AND SURFACE PROCESSING
- Group IV semiconductors and alloys (Si, Ge, SiC, SiGeC, SiGeSn, GePb, etc.) for micro- and nano-electronics, photovoltaics, photonics, sensors, biomedicine, etc.
- Laser processing for surface patterning of polymers, semiconductors and metals.
- Laser processing for tailoring dopant profiles, as well as for the production of amorphous, nanocrystalline and epitaxial heterostructures.
QUIRAL OPTICAL MATERIALS
- Design and synthesis of smart chiral framewoks for molecular recognition and chiroptic detection.
- Functionalization of surfaces with materials of chiral properties.
- Biodiversity of lichens, mosses and vascular plants in monuments: Characterization and evaluation.
- Method for the removal of wax in porous stones from historical monuments.
- RAMAN techniques for identification in conservation of heritage.